Richard “Dick” Pinder, B.Comm, CA, ICD.D
With his experience in manufacturing, technology and energy services, Mr. Pinder understands the complexity of our industry. We welcome his pragmatic thinking, personable nature and strategic approach to addressing the opportunities and challenges of undertaking a growth strategy. His entrepreneurial spirit and ability to build businesses will help LandSolutions create and execute a strong and sustainable path forward to demonstrate our leadership.
Mr. Pinder has a strong financial background combined with practical business experience. He was CEO of a regional retail/wholesale family business, with over 500 employees and 22 profit centres, which he lead for 12 years executing on next generation growth strategy until its sale in 1993. Over the past four decades, Mr. Pinder has obtained broad corporate governance experience through service on micro-to mid-cap listed companies and on private and not-for-profit boards. He is passionate about working with entrepreneurial leaders whose businesses are focused on growth.
- B.Comm, U of Saskatchewan
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Completed The Directors Education Program (ICD.D)
- CEO, Pinders Drugs (1981- 1993)
- Director, Audit Committee Chair, Questor Technology Inc.
- Director, Audit Committee Chair and Governance Committee member, Newalta Corporation (retiring May 2015)
- Acted as Director-In-Residence for the Institute of Corporate Directors Courses (Calgary Chapter)