What is it?
LandSolutions and Cenera have partnered in a unique sponsorship program to provide Energy and Infrastructure Industry Professionals in Eastern Canada who have lost their jobs, the opportunity to access professional guidance in returning to the workforce.
If you are interested in being considered for this sponsorship program, please apply for this unique opportunity that will provide individual tailored career support as described information below.
How it Works
Successful candidates will choose two of the five service offerings listed below, for up to 6 hours of career support. Services will be personalized and delivered one-on-one by a career consultant dedicated to supporting each individual.
Candidate Service Offerings
The 5 service options include:
- Career Change Conversation (up to 3 hours):
- Applicable when you’re applying for ‘survival’ jobs for cash flow purposes and need short term tactics to be a credible candidate for work outside your field of expertise. Or, are you anticipating a significant career change, that may or may not involve retraining? You’ll need to begin to rethink entirely how to research, prepare and market yourself in a completely different line of work.
- Resume Update (up to 3 hours)
- Support to update and polish your resume to present a more competitive edge when applying for work. This will drive your confidence and indirectly contribute to better interviewing, when you are clearer about your strengths and accomplishments.
- LinkedIn [Profile] Review (up to 3 hours)
- LinkedIn is being used much more as a recruiting tool by both internal and external recruiters. Understanding how to put together a polished profile that will draw positive attention for those looking to hire is critical. You can also develop the ability to use LinkedIn as an effective job search tool and to explore its many options for a jobseeker.
- Job Search Strategy (up to 3 hours)
- There are strategic and tactical elements to a job search. The “spray and pray” method is not reliably effective. This option helps you plan and use your time to maximize results and ensure awareness of appropriate (and free) resources which will contribute to your job search success.
- Interview Preparation (up to 3 hours)
- Learn and apply strategy to interview preparation. This will help you and the employer. When you are clearer about what you can do to help the employer, it will be easier for the employer to clearly and positively evaluate your candidacy.
Criteria to Apply
- You must follow the LandSolutions LP LinkedIn page;
- You must follow the Cenera LinkedIn page;
- You must be separated from employment in the last 6 months; and,
- You must have been previously employed in the energy or infrastructure sectors in either a land or environment role; or
- You must have been previously employed in the telecommunications sector in a real estate role.
How to apply?
- Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good candidate for this sponsorship initiative and email to CareerSponsorship@LandSolutions.ca by 4:00PM July 3, 2020 for consideration.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
At LandSolutions LP we are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality and reviewed by the LandSolutions Talent Advisor and the Executive Vice President, Asset Management. LandSolutions is committed to providing equal opportunities to all and our selection process is free from bias or discrimination. All candidates will be considered on merit.